DOT unveils Richmond/OO roundabout plan
This week the Wisconsin Department of Transportation showed plans for the new multi-lane roundabout at the Richmond/OO intersection.
Work is scheduled to begin Monday, June 19th. At that time the intersection will be completely closed for 75 days. As part of the project the state will also be upgrading traffic lights at Mason/Northland and adding right turn lanes on Mason St. That work will start July 17 and last approximately 45 days.
Outagamie County will also be resurfacing Northland Ave. from Mason St. to Richmond St. during the DOT project. This work will take place on one side of the road at a time. However, we are told access to the Northland Mall and all businesses around the work area will be maintained throughout the project.
- Traffic signal upgrades along Northland Avenue at the intersections with Mason Street, West Service Road and Bennett Street.
- Separate right turn lanes added to Mason Street.
- Grading, a retaining wall, storm sewer, gravel, concrete pavement, curb and gutter, traffic signals, lighting, concrete sidewalk, permanent signing, pavement marking and landscaping.
- A signed detour route will be in place to route through traffic around the project.
- Detour route for WIS 47 will be WIS 96 to Ballard Road (County E) to I-41.
- Detour route for County OO will be I-41 to Ballard Road (County E).
This is not a city project. These are state and county roads that happen to be in the city. But we'll do our best to keep you updated on information about the project as we get it! For the latest updates, follow the DOT construction page and follow our social media channels.
Appleton Communications Coordinator Chad Doran can be reached at (920) 832-5814 or email@example.com.