#CityHallSelfie Day coming Aug. 15
Grand prizes include $100 ADI gift certificate and Fox Cities P.A.C. show tickets
#CityHallSelfie day is coming!
Aug. 15th is the day across the country that people stop by their City Hall for a selfie. Engaging Local Government Leaders sponsors the fun way to get residents engaged and for some people, to find out for the first time where their City Hall is located.
What do I do?
Stop by and snap a selfie by our sign outside on Appleton St., or any sign inside the first, 5th or 6th floors of City Hall. You can also snap one at the Appleton Police Department, any Appleton Fire Department station, the Appleton Public Library, our Appleton Parks and Recreation office and our City of Appleton Public Works office. After all, they're part of "City Hall" too!
It's simple! Take just a few seconds to post it to your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat page. Tag us and be sure to use the #CityHallSelfie hashtag when you post it. We've got a fun Snapchat filter to use too.
Don't go it alone ...
Selfies are always more fun with friends. If you don't have one along, don't worry, we'll provide one! Here's the lineup of appearances in the morning.
- Mayor Hanna will stop by the corner of Appleton St. and College Ave. from 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Sgt. Dave Lund from the Appleton Police Department will be here from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. and will also show off one of APD's squad cars. Plus he loves taking selfies!
- Staff from the Appleton Fire Department will be here from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. for group selfies and to show off one of our fire trucks. Who doesn't want a selfie with firefighters?!?!
- Fang from the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers will stop by from noon - 1 p.m. for some fun mascot selfies with you too!
We're sweetening the deal ...
Do you have a sweet tooth or maybe crave an afternoon pick-me-up? We've got you covered there too! Some awesome local businesses are partnering with us to provide goodies for the day!
- Bagelicious is providing bagels if you stop by for a selfie between 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Copper Rock Coffee Company is providing coupons for a free cup of coffee during the 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. hour.
- Crazy Sweet is bringing over its prize wheel from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. Prizes could range from free ice cream, to chocolate, to candy and more (while supplies last).
- Cake Guru cupcakes will be available to selfie-takers from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. (while supplies last).
- Simple Simon Bakery cookies will be a sweet treat available (while supplies last) from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
How long will it last?
Stop by on your way to or from work, on lunch or while running errands. We'll have staff outside from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. But you can stop by earlier in the day or anytime that night. Take one by yourself or with a group of co-workers or friends.
Did we mention the prizes?
Best Selfie award ...
Our friends at Appleton Downtown Inc. are stepping up big time to award a $100 downtown gift certificate for the best selfie of the day!
Most Artistic Selfie award ...
And because we know there are so many different ways to be creative and artistic with photos, the Fox Cities P.A.C. is offering up a pair of tickets to see the show DIAVOLO on Oct. 20th at 7:30 p.m. for the most artistic selfie of the day!
Look for announcements of the winners for those categories on our Facebook page on August 16th.
Also, thanks to generous sponsors of the nationwide event, Engaging Local Government Leaders is offering prizes to winners in the following categories:
- Best #CityHallSelfie of the Day
- Most Creative #CityHallSelfie
- State With the Most #CityHallSelfies
- Best Dressed #CityHallSelfie
- Best Hat in a #CityHallSelfie
- Best #CityHallSelfie Photography
- Most People in the #CityHallSelfie
- Best Use of #CityHallSelfie Props
- #CityHallSelfie With the Most Famous Person
- Funniest #CityHallSelfie
- Most Historic #CityHallSelfie
- Best #CityHallSelfie Lighting
- Most Selfies Taken by One Person on #CityHallSelfie Day
- #CityHallSelfie From the City With the Largest Population
- #CityHallSelfie From the City With the Smallest Population
- Best #CityHallSelfie by a Newspaper/TV Reporter
- Best #CityHallSelfie by a Citizen
- Best Promotion of #CityHallSelfie by a Government Entity
- Best Promotion of #CityHallSelfie by a Non-Government Entity
- Best #CityHallSelfie Day Wrap Up Video
- Members Choice Award: #CityHallSelfie Excellence
Appleton Communications Coordinator Chad Doran can be reached at (920) 832-5814 or email@example.com.Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube