Accident reports are retained at the police department for a minimum of 5 years.
To request a report:
When completing the form, please provide as much of the following information as possible:
- Make sure the motor vehicle accident occurred within the jurisdiction covered by the Appleton Police Department.
- To request a copy of an accident report the Federal Driver Privacy Protection Act Permissible Use Form, must be completed and signed by the requestor.
The signed/completed Federal Driver Privacy Protection Act Permissible Use Form can be returned by one of the following methods:
- Date of Accident.
- Location of Accident.
- Incident Number.
- Name of a driver/passenger/vehicle owner.
You may request to have your accident report returned to you by one the following methods:
- By Fax: 920-832-5553
- Scanned and sent via email to email@example.com.
- By US Mail to:
|Appleton Police Department
Attn: Accident Records
222 S Walnut St.
Appleton WI 54911
- Pick up in the lobby of the Appleton Police Department (Cost: 25 cents per page).
- Sent via email (Free of Charge).
- Delivered via US Mail (Cost: 25 cents per page plus additional $1.00 mailing fee).
The Driver’s Privacy Protection Act (DPPA) is enforced by the United States Department of Justice, which may seek civil and criminal penalties for improperly obtaining, disclosing, or using personal information from an accident report or other police record, or the information was acquired through the Wisconsin Department of Transportation System and it is determined that these records are used for purposes other than as stated in this Request. Due to Driver’s Privacy Protection Act regulations, information pertaining to accident reports will not be released over the phone.
For questions please contact 920-832-5500 and ask for accident records.