Where Do I Vote - The City is divided into Aldermanic Districts and Wards, which determines your voting location.You can find a listing of your voting locating by visiting the City's My Neighborhood portal. You can also get driving directions to your polling place, along with information on polling places and representatives by visiting the polling place locator. Please contact the City Clerk's office for more information at 920-832-6443 or stop in the office.
What if I have changed my name or my address since I voted last - To change your name and/or address you will need to complete a new Voter Registration Application. Attach one form of acceptable proof of residence or proof of the name change and mail to the Office of the City Clerk. You are also welcome to personally visit the City Clerk's office to make the necessary changes to your voter registration record. Feel free to call 832-6447 if you have any questions.
- Voter Registration Application - Download
Anyone wishing to vote in the City of Appleton has three options to register:
- ONLINE – www.myvote.wi.gov
- IN PERSON
- BY MAIL
- AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY
Important: A copy of proof of residence must be included when submitting the voter registration application by mail, when registering to vote at the City Clerk’s office, and when registering to vote on Election Day.
- IN PERSON: Register in the City Clerk's office any weekday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and up to 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the election.
- BY MAIL: Complete the Voter Registration Application. Print the form, BE SURE TO SIGN AND DATE THE FORM, and mail to the Appleton City Clerk's Office along with a copy of an acceptable proof of residence. You may register by mail until the 3rd Wednesday preceding the next election.
- AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring acceptable proof that you have lived at your present location for 10 days preceding the election. Examples of this document can be found on the reverse side of the Voter Registration Application or below under Proof of Residence.
Proof of Residence:
- Acceptable Proof of Residence - Download
- Absentee Ballot Request - Download
Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. To obtain an absentee ballot you may:
- Personally come to the City Clerk’s office to cast an absentee ballot during the specified days and hours preceding the election, or
- You can make a request in writing and we will mail you an absentee ballot. The written request must include your voting address within the City of Appleton, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature. State Law currently requires a photo ID in order to receive a ballot. Please include a copy of your valid photo ID with your request. You can also print our Absentee Ballot Request form. If you use this form, remember to sign and date the form prior to submitting it by mail.
- You may also make a request by email containing the information as stated in number 2 (above) and attach a copy of your photo ID to the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting an absentee request by mail is 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the election. The deadline for voting an absentee ballot in the Clerk's Office is 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the election.
All voted absentee ballots must be returned to the Clerk’s Office by Election Day in order to be counted.
Election Inspector Interest:
- Election Worker Interest - Download
How do I become an election worker? Complete the Election Worker Interest Form and return it to the City Clerk.